blocSonic is quite proud to present to you the self-titled debut by Richmond, Virginia artist Friends or Whatever. With its fusion of shimmering electronica and a raw rock vibe, FoW proves to be a very engaging listen. At times quiet and contemplative… at other times beat-driven and laced with distorted guitar and melancholic vocals. All the while a bit challenging to put your finger on and yet it’s quickly familiar. It’s that very enigmatic nature that’s sure to pull you in.
On a side note, I just wanted to give a shout out to Just Plain Sounds. When I first heard early versions of some of the FoW music, I had not known that it was originally set for a JPS release. After approaching Mark Herbkersman (aka Friends or Whatever) about a blocSonic release, I found out. I have to give props to Anthony Gillison aka Just Plain Ant who was gracious enough to allow us the pleasure. So thank you once again Ant!!!
Thank YOU for downloading and listening, I hope you’ll enjoy it every bit as much as I do. Remember… as always… share it… podcast it… blog it.
- PDF (34 Pages)208 downloads
- 01 - The Burns We Earn (2:22)
- 02 - Piss Test (3:36)
- 03 - Walk Through Walls (2:26)
- 04 - No Excuses (1:54)
- 05 - Stuck In My Soul (2:28)
- 06 - Bike Ride Through Desert (2:00)
- 07 - Everybody Stopped Calling Me (3:52)
- 08 - Be On Something (2:08)
- 09 - If Everybody Here Knew Me (2:10)
- 10 - Smoke Floats (1:23)
- 11 - The Death Knell Of Our Afternoon (1:52)
- 12 - Modern Jokes (2:49)
- 13 - The Terminal Replies (2:08)
- 14 - Shattered (2:10)
- 15 - Maybe (1:48)
- 16 - Recipient No Longer At This Address (2:12)
- 17 - Richmond Is Killing Us All (2:32)