As of the time of this writing, not even a year after it’s launch, WFMU’s Free Music Archive already boasts nearly 18,000 free music tracks from a wide array of genres. It’s an interesting collection in that it not only features music that comes from the world of netaudio/netlabels, but many signed indie artists can be found among the FMA’s selection as well. It’s definitely an incredible archive of music to explore!
After a good three months of listening to thousands of FMA tracks, I somehow managed to whittle the selection down to 11 exceptional gems. It was really a difficult choice, but in the end the final line-up proves to be a terrific mix of Rock, Pop, Punk, Indie, Trip-Hop and even a splash of humor thrown in for good measure.
A special thanks to Jason Sigal over at WFMU and FMA who was most helpful in getting me access to lossless copies of the two Live At WFMU tracks which are featured here. Thanks also to the labels, artists and to CASH Music for participating and helping me pull together all that was needed to make this release happen.
Finally, thank you! For downloading, listening and sharing this release. I hope you enjoy this release as much as did putting it together.
- PDF (59 Pages) Download758 downloads
- 01 - Dávila 666 - Callejón (4:00)
- 02 - Lorenzo's Music - I’m Doing Fine (3:06)
- 03 - The Franks - Neon Politik (2:30)
- 04 - Fresh Body Shop - My Artificial Sun (2:45)
- 05 - This Co. - Take It Away (4:31)
- 06 - Universildo - Camina (4:30)
- 07 - El Jugador - Psycho Love (2:12)
- 08 - Sydney Wayser - La Di Da (2:43)
- 09 - Special Moments - The Brothers Is Back (Live on WFMU) (3:24)
- 10 - Jonathan Coulton - RE: Your Brains (4:29)
- 11 - Tracky Birthday - Good Bye (with Roglok & Vernon LeNoir) (2:42)